Often as renters we get jealous of some of the amazing Tech Tours we see where owners have modified their spaces in ways we can only dream of. Since we live in a city where renting is the norm and ownership is rare, we, along with our renting friends, are always keen on ideas on how to customize our spaces in non-permanent ways. Adhesive options offer a nice alternative to drilling holes, and in this post we take a look at some ways to use adhesive push LED lights.
Adhesive push LED lights like the one shown above are inexpensive, easy to obtain, and simple to install & remove. All of these factors make them a great choice for renters on a budget. Here are some ways that they can be used:
- Kitchen Task Lighting: Love the look of under the cabinet lights but are pretty sure your landlord would have a conniption if you were to drill into the cabinets? Adhesive push LED lights are perfect for under the cabinet lighting and if they are battery powered you don't even have to worry about managing any wires.
- Bedside: Suggested by reader Lunchy, these lights make a nice bedside light. Small enough that they won't crowd your nightstand yet bright enough to read by.
- Faux Tealights: Add a little romance in the form of these lights inside of glasses. just push the light on and drop it in (we suggest not adhering them to the glass) the glass. We think these simple lights inside of Mason jars work rather well indoors and out especially during picnics. Another option for use with a Mason jar is to adhere them to the Mason jar lid instead of simply dropping them in.
- Cooler Lights: Speaking of picnics, these lights are a great way to illuminate the interior of a cooler! Just adhere to the interior cooler lid and you've got a no hassle lit cooler.
- Drawer Lighting: Don't have the time or desire to install fancy in drawer LED lighting? Stick one of these bad boys in there and voila, drawer is no longer dark!
- Shelving Accents: We love the look of built-in lights on shelves and bookcases but don't want to break out the saw. Adhesive push LED lights are a nice way of getting the look and function without needing any power tools or a nearby outlet.
- Purse Light: Don't laugh, but we actually know of a gal who uses an adhesive push light in the interior of her purse. She says it makes finding items in her bag a snap and swears that it is something every large purse needs.
What are some ways you use adhesive push LED lights?