- Elgin, SC
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- I love the calm feeling that my bedroom gives. When I walk into the room I instantly feel light and relaxed.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- Having a beautiful and healthy well organized bedroom first begins with surrounding yourself with things that you love, things that inspire and calm you. Don't overdo your bedroom with lots of details - it may do the opposite and become to busy. Make sure everything has its own place. I store my extra linens in a storage ottoman that is at the foot of the bed, dirty laundry goes in the walk-in closet until laundry day. I stock my night stands with pens, journals, favorite books, hand lotion, extra tea light candles and matches at arm's reach so that I wont have leave my bed.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- I use my bedroom as a safe haven from the chaos that may be going on outside my bedroom. Having two teenage boys and a princess toddler that own the other part of the house, it is awesome for me and my husband have a place to call our own.
My Bedroom Retreat