I'm in love with Amanda Nisbet's Designs. She's a genius at mixing comfortable furniture with a luxurious sensibility. Her work is flawless and inspiring.
In an interview with House Beautiful Magazine Amanda Nisbet said, "I pride myself on never doing the same thing twice. The joy of this job, actually, is the variety of the challenge and just doing the best I can do with all of the givens. I'm about emotion: I'm not a mathematician at all. I don't know how to do formulas. Some designers do." Although Nisbet's designs are always innovative, she consistently applies a few design techniques that have become her trademark. Below is a list of design elements frequently used by Nisbet.
• Punchy cheerful color in unusual combinations
• Gourd lamps
• Transparent acrylic furniture, often with upholstering details
• Plush velvet seating
• Thick curtains that make a color statement
• Framed graphic art as wall centerpiece
• Shiny stone coffee tables
• Upholstered headboards
• Simple bedding with bright colored trim
• Subtly gorgeous traditional light fixtures with a twist
• Graphic print pillows
If you're ever in need of design inspiration, check out Amanda Nisbet Designs' portfolio page. There are a collection of brilliant ideas to try out in your home!
Images: Amanda Nisbet Design