Cece and Brenda went all out on their Airstream renovation and the list of upgrades is incredible. Pulled by a biodiesel truck conversion, this Airstream features a composting toilet, cork flooring, flexible solar panels, LED lights, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.
Cece and Brenda, in an attempt to downsize their lives, decided to go from a 1500 square foot home down to a 25' Safari Airstream Trailer. After purchasing the 2003 trailer, they turned the standard Airstream into an incredibly green RV. The details are on their Web site, but here are a summary of the goodies found inside their new home:
- Walls and ceiling – Natural earthen plaster by American Clay
- 500 watt Solar power system sponsored by Applied Solar Energy, Outback Power and Bogart Engineering- Two 130 watt flexible panels and one 240 watt adjustable rigid solar panel.
- Rainwater harvesting system – in progress
- Tea Leaf Supreme eco-friendly mattress
- Vida cork planks and natural linoleum flooring
- Paperstone and natural linoleum counter tops
- Organic twill fabric for reupholstered couch/sleeper
- Madagascar Ebony Echo Wood veneer cabinets and masterfully installed by Eco Craft Cabinetry.
- Interior and exterior LED lighting by Elemental LED.
- Lumicor recycled eco architectural resin shower door
- Kirei board office desk using a low VOC finish
- Composting toilet – Nature's Head (waterless)