- Brooklyn, NY
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- Though our apartment is pretty small we get a lot of light. Also, both the front of our apartment and the back of it look out on big, beautiful trees- which is a very welcome view!
In a small apartment everything is within arms' reach- so that's pretty convenient! We have small space but we think it's pretty cozy.
- Amber Dubois & Lacy Rhoades
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. SHELVING! We made all of the shelves in our apartment on the cheap from salvaged lumber and simple hardware. We've gotten so much use out of our new vertical space!
2. Thrift stores, estate sales, and Craigslist! Even if you are on a small budget, you can find beautiful and unique things for your home this way.
3. Similarly to number 1, try to utilize the wall space and ceiling space you have. We have hanging plants everywhere, wall mounted lamps, shelves, etc. We've had many lofted beds while living in NYC - sometimes the only place you have to go is up!