American collections are as varied as our citizens. From overtly patriotic to simply historic, check out these 6 inspiring ways to collect a slice of Americana. • Flags, presidents or other patriotic decor. Although literal, it is also beautiful. Varied vintage flags hung on this porch are charming without looking like a parade float.
• Sporting or hobby equipment. Antique shooting targets, oars, tennis rackets, and baseball bats can be grouped on shelves or on walls to display your interests as well as your style.
• Dishes or glassware. Whether it's Depression-era glass, Pyrex bowls or Fiestaware, our national aesthetic in dinnerware varies from elegant to playful.
• Handkerchiefs, quilts or other textiles. Displayed on furniture, framed or folded on shelves, vintage fabric pieces add texture to a room.
• Iconic brands. Our homegrown brands represent America across the globe. Vintage ads, shipping crates or promotional items add a kitschy vibe to a space.
• Outdated technology. We may not use them anymore, but they can still be cherished for their beauty and history. Objects like fireplace bellows, lanterns, or typewriters remind us of how far we've come.
Do you collect Americana? Share below!
Image credit: 1. Country Living via Junk Garden Girl; 2. David O. Marlow for Architectural Digest; 3. Manko Photography for Elle Decor; 4. The Lettered Cottage; 5. Country Living via The Cottage Chick; 6. The Lettered Cottage; 7. DIY Ideas; 8. Callie Clark Miller via Houzz.