For our second Home Style feature, we visited Amy Helfand at home in Red Hook, Brooklyn. We hung out and took pics inside her amazing row house and then headed out for lunch at Fort Defiance around the corner on Van Brunt Street. It was a magical morning, visiting this quiet hamlet tucked into NYC. Head below the jump to find out Amy's favorite things and her annotated home style.
Amy's Favorite Home Items
Amy in her living room with one of her rugs in the foreground. The little table is by Amy's good friend Michael McClatchy
, the painting is by Everett Miller, Amy's 6-year-old son. The sofa is Crate & Barrel via craigslist.
Amy's Favorite Neighborhood Resources
Amy's Favorite Home Resources
Other Fave Sources
- Casa Midi Headboard
- Earthenware cup brought back by aunt from Paris
- Ceramic Tea Light Holders from Nepal
- Work on paper by Michael Miller in living room
- Handmade Kitchen tiles by Lubna Chowdhary
- Sailboat Painting from Antique Store near 13th and 3rd
- Long Thin Painting by Michael Miller in bedroom