Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- West Hollywood, CA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- The greatest part about living where I do is the history. Charlie Chaplin built this complex in 1924 to house actors who were working at the studios nearby. I feel lucky to get to wake up in a place that had a part in making Hollywood so great. It feels like I live in Snow White's village, and inside my teensy cave is the best place to curl up and read a book or stay in on a rare rainy day. Everywhere you look there are wonky windows, hand carved wood details, and gorgeous stained glass. It's magical. It's hard not to wax poetic...if you came here you would understand!
- Biggest Challenge of Living in a Small Space
- It's really hard not having separate spaces for everything. I really enjoy compartmentalizing (mentally and organizationally), so not being able to shut the door to the bedroom or have a designated entertainment area can be rough. The best solution in my entire place is my Ikea daybed. It acts as a couch, pulls out into a king sized bed, and has 3 giant drawers underneath. The tenant before me had a huge bed that ate the entire space, but I didn't want my apartment to just be a bedroom. Also, things like taking photos for a small spaces contest can pose quite a dilemma. You can only take so many steps back before you just fall out the window.
- If I am the Grand Prize winner of Small Cool, the item(s) or project(s) from my home design wishlist that I'd like to spend my winnings on are:
- I would buy everything that Jonathan Adler has ever made. Maybe I could finally get that boobie vase I've always wanted or a gorgeous light fixture. I would love to invest in a really beautiful rug as well - mine is cute but it was a bargain and will probably die soon. I don't really have space for much more, but I would love to replace some items with really quality ones that I can have forever.
See all entries
More posts in this series
Small Cool 2013