the time to look over our homes and do a little redesign. We are thinking - weekend afternoon project! Set some time this weekend and rearrange your small space. While it may seem like work (ok, it is work), it's actually both an emotionally uplifting and satisfying project. Here are a few things to do to prepare for your new layout.
2) Clean your space before you clean out your space. Take some time and clean the room you are rearranging, including the actual furniture and decor.
3) Clear out all of your things (yep, everything) and start with a blank canvas. This will really help get a new perspective on your newly arranged room as you use your floor plan to place things back.
4) Edit as you go. You'll probably find that as you place your things back in the room, you'll start wondering if you need this or that. If you're questioning it, get rid of it. You can always put it back in later but, for now, lose it.
Here's a wrap up of this week's thoughts on rethinking your small space on Apartment Therapy:
- Tips For Handling Small Space Cabin Fever
- Make A Furnished Sublet Feel Like Home
- Rethinking The Use Of Your Space
- Best Tip For Dealing With An Oddly Placed Window