2) Clean your space before you clean out your space. Take some time and clean the room you are rearranging, including the actual furniture and decor.
3) Clear out all of your things (yep, everything) and start with a blank canvas. This will really help get a new perspective on your newly arranged room as you use your floor plan to place things back.
4) Edit as you go. You'll probably find that as you place your things back in the room, you'll start wondering if you need this or that. If you're questioning it, get rid of it. You can always put it back in later but, for now, lose it.5) Invite close friends over that afternoon or early evening for a little soiree and put the new space in action. See how they feel in the space. Is it working? Does the new layout accommodate the room? Does the room feel to scale and spacious? All of these thoughts can be answered from fresh eyes and honest opinions from a good confidantes.
Here's a wrap up of this week's thoughts on rethinking your small space on Apartment Therapy:
- Tips For Handling Small Space Cabin Fever
- Make A Furnished Sublet Feel Like Home
- Rethinking The Use Of Your Space
- Best Tip For Dealing With An Oddly Placed Window