Project by: Hilary Catterall
Location: New York, New York
New York designer Hilary Catterall worked with her author client to design a space on a budget in the hip Chelsea district. The client already had a great sofa and some art; Hilary weaved into the existing space some modern futon chairs, an engraved Morrocan-inspired coffee table, and the client's own heirloom chandelier.
Each area is multi-functional to maximize the use of space as the only other available space was the bedroom and bath. The main room serves as an office, living, dining, and guest space.
The exposed brick and natural root ball offer touches of texture and naturalism that soften the hard lines of the modern upholstery.
List of items used:
- West Elm Parsons Desk, Desk Lamp and Mongolian Lamb Pillows
- Circa Lighting Lotus Floor Lamp
- Wisteria Coffee Table
- Brocade Home Dining Table
- Philippe Starck Louis Ghost Chair
- Futon chairs from ABC Home
- Room & Board Galbraith & Paul Mum Pillow
- CB2 rug, C table, and Credenza
Thanks, Hilary Catterall!
• Are you a designer/architect/decorator interested in sharing a residential project with Apartment Therapy readers? Contact the editors through our Professional Project Submission Form.
(Image credits: Peter Margonelli)