Along with the heat wave
that's been beating down most of the country, we've also been experiencing a dry spell. If you're anything like me, you're struggling to find good ways to keep your garden alive without using too much water. Here's one super easy tip that I just learned:Leave it to Martha Stewart to come up with this no-brainer, why didn't I think of that?
, idea. Rather than taking produce from your vegetable garden inside to rinse off, simply hose them off right over the plant itself. Use a perforated bowl to collect the veggies, and the water that drains through the bowl will water your plants. It's water time saving!
Read More: Rinsing Vegetables at Martha Stewart
(Image: Martha Stewart)
MORE WATER SAVING IDEAS ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Water More Slowly for Best Lawn Health
• Smart Garden Tips: Water-Wise Hoses & Sprinklers
• 5 Ways to Collect and Reuse Water for Plants
• Rain Barrels: 15 DIY and Ready-To-Buy Options
• What's the Best Time of Day to Water your Garden?