Name: A nursery for a little girl
Location: Kopavogur, Iceland
We love a nursery that incorporates family history. Soffia expertly mixes IKEA style with classic family hand me downs. She says: I just finished this nursery for a little one, due this November. We used family heirlooms, such as the bed, the lamp and the rocker. Mixed with some new items from Ikea and other places. And a thrifted side table that I painted with chalk paint.
The walls are painted in a soft gray color. I had the decals made for the walls.
The drawings in the black frames are made by the mother to be.
We did not want to flood the room in a sea of pink, rather just sprinkle it with a dash of girly-ness.
The bed is from 1962, the grandmother of the baby was the first to use it. Since then about ten different babies in the family have slept in it. It can be enlarged so it fits from 0-5 years.
- The rocker is vintage as well and belonged to the great great grandfather.
- The owl lamp is from the 80s. belonging to the great grandmother.
- The dresser is MALM from IKEA.
- The curtains are ALVINE from IKEA
- The book ledges come from IKEA
- The rug is Ikea - ÖLHOLM