Name: Baby H (3 Months)
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
I remember scouring the Sears catalog as a little girl, pretending to pick out items for my baby's nursery. What a joy to actually get to do it. Designing this nursery was truly a dream come true. Here's the final product - I think he likes it.
My late grandad refinished the chairs and antique dresser. My mother-in-law made the quilt resting on his crib. And, believe it or not, I was rocked in that same rocker when I was a baby. My mom recovered it. The room has heart.
I must say I love this space. The bold grey stripes were definitely a risk. I got cold feet when it was time to put paint to wall, but I reminded myself that you only live once: out with the beige and in with the stripes. I look forward to watching H continue to grow and learn in the space - bringing it to life, getting it dirty, and making it his own.
- The paint colors are Benjamin Moore's Grey Owl and Dove White.
- The giraffe is from Goodnite Rooms in St. Loui.
- The bed skirt was made with fabric from Carousel Designs. The folks at Carousel Designs really have their finger on the pulse of what the modern mama likes. My mom and I sewed many pieces in the room, including the bedskirt.
- My husband created the "H" art. It's comprised of objects that start with H, printed by CanvasPop.
- The floor lamp is from Target.
- The lovely bookrack is from Pottery Barn Kids. I'm told that kids are more encouraged to read when the books face out. H already loves looking at the covers.
- I snagged the footstool at Buy Buy Baby.
- The kids' table is from Babies R Us. It was the floor model, so I was able to talk down the price significantly. Who knew being a mom would bring out my inner haggler?
- The crib and dresser are from Bonavita's Peyton Collection.
Thanks, Caroline! Readers, you can visit Caroline at Wise Mama Blog.
(Images: Andy Wise)