Project by: Lesley Myrick of Lesley Myrick Art + Design
Location: Waco, Texas
Lesley was charged with upgrading this Texas living space. Her clients space was less groovy '60s modern and more pre-fab '60s outdated. The room is an add on that had a few key elements with serious potential. Lesley made some smart upgrades to those (hello refreshed built-ins) and got ride of the orange-ish ceiling beams. The new color palette helped play up the abundance of natural light the glass doors afford, and gave the space a breezy and relaxing atmosphere.
Lesley's clients wanted a fresh, family-friendly makeover while staying true to the era and architecture of their home, and she delivered...
Lesley transformed this retro '60s add-on room by toning down the color of the beams and ceiling fan blades with a deep grey/brown wash. She added doors to the built-ins and painted them a pretty grey, and completely redesigning the fireplace mantle from "unsightly Texas chunky" to "hey that's a pretty mantle!"
Once the fixed elements were playing nice together, an eclectic mix of textured neutral furnishings and colorful accessories with a show-stopping area rug totally transformed the space.
- Sectional: Cococo Home
- Arc lamp: West Elm
- Curtains: West Elm
- Accent pillows: Lulu & Georgia, West Elm, Target
- Sheepskin: IKEA
- Chartreuse bench: West Elm
- Area rug: Wayfair
- Built-in hardware: Schoolhouse Electric
- Tray on coffee table: World Market
- Wall color: Sherwin Williams SW 6385 Dover
- White Built-in color: Sherwin Williams SW 7044 Amazing Grey
Thanks so much, Lesley! You can see more of this project and others on Lesley's website.
• Are you a designer/architect/decorator interested in sharing a residential project with Apartment Therapy readers? Contact the editors through our Professional Project Submission Form.