Recently my son has become fascinated with parts of the body. It started with simple parts, like "this is your hair follicle Mommy", and "Your nails are actually bones you know Mommy!?". Now he's getting even more curious and asking about specific bones, muscles and organs, and where they are in the body.
Since I really have no in-depth knowledge about anatomy, I figured I needed help.
We luckily live in a very good time as far as educational products are concerned.
I wanted to start with a list of products that seem to be appropriate for his current inquiry, and I'll move on to the activities we did in another post.
(Images: as linked above)
- The Squishy Human Body ($25.95 Fat Brain Toys)
- Human Anatomy Toy, Science Educational Flannel Toy ($25 Etsy)
- Rolling Bones, a board game that teaches the correct anatomical terms ($32 Simply Fun)
- See Inside Your Body, a book about anatomy made for kids ($10.07 Barnes and Nobles)
- Human X-Rays on Film ($24.95 Learning Materials)
- Beleduc Wooden Puzzle ($25 Amazon)