- Andrea & Melissa
- Vancouver Canada
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- We are fortunate to live in a professionally managed, all-rental building that fosters a sense of community through regular social events, such as themed patio parties, wine tastings, and a gardening club. Living in a small apartment also allows us to reside in the middle of a cosmopolitan neighborhood full of cafes, restaurants, and boutiques, where everything we need is within walking distance. Our suite has floor-to-ceiling windows that let in lots of light and overlook our building’s waterfall and garden space.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Don’t be afraid to paint. It’s one of the easiest and most affordable changes you can make, and it can have a huge impact on setting the mood of a room. We had to re-tint our paint to achieve colors we were happy with, but it was well worth the trial and error. Find colors you love and go for it!
2. Surround yourself with things you love, and purge often. Be picky about what you put in your space, even if it takes some time to find the right objects to make your quarters feel complete. Don’t be afraid to let things go: if you have to question whether you should keep something then you probably don’t love it, so sell or donate it and free up some space for the next best thing.
3. If you have outdoor space, make the most of it. Investing a little time and money into creating an enjoyable patio or balcony can make it feel like you’ve added an entire room to your digs to enjoy on warm days.
ATVideo of the Day