We've all heard the phrase "life imitates art", or is it art imitates life? Either way, for Campbell's Soup's 50th Anniversary, they chose to turn the tables on art, taking Andy Warhol's famous Tomato Soup Can as their inspiration for a series of limited edition cans. There are four cans in the bright pop colors, available at Targets nationwide, all featuring their signature tomato soup — and perfect for a little family education.
It's a great chance to collect all four cans for a little bit of history, if you're that sort of person. Or, bring a couple cans home along with an Andy Warhol book, or the Warhol game linked below, and have some artistic dinner conversations with your family. Considering Warhol's fascination with mass-production, I think he'd approve of this joint venture. But you'll have to let us know if the soup itself is still red on the inside!
- Limited Edition 50th Anniversary Campbell's Soup Cans, available at Target
- Soup Can Tomato Colored, by Andy Warhol, 1990, $145
- Andy Warhol Colors Board book, $8.70
- Andy Warhol (Getting to Know the World's Greatest Artists), $6.95
- Warhol Activity Book pdf, via Queensland Gallery of Modern Art (scroll to the bottom of the page)
And check out the online game Warhol's World, also from QAGOMA!
(Images: Limited Edition Campbell's Soup 50th Anniversary image via Hypebeast, all others as linked above)