Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Toledo, OH
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- This is where I truly unwind and decompress---it's my haven. My favorite way to feel present is through nature -- especially the ocean -- so I decorated the room to feel like it was near the beach. I also love Asian decor, so I merged these two styles to create a sanctuary that helps me feel relaxed and renewed. These two styles complement each other quite nicely. I love the simplicity of the neutral color scheme combined with the attention to detail in the decor: the various textures found in the whitewashed bamboo blinds, the shelves, the baskets and bowls, the fabrics, etc. In this room, you're enveloped in crisp, clean whites yet the natural decor and muted tones create an earthy, grounding vibe.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- Another key aspect of this room is its Zen philosophy: no clutter, a slightly minimalist approach to the decor, and most items are stored out of sight. This creates peace of mind and fewer stubbed toes. I store my jewelry in various shaped kitchen bowls; these are kept on the white shelves so they aren't visually distracting. I also used woven baskets for only commonly used items/clothing. To ensure a peaceful, calming energy, I limit the number of electronic devices and the activities. There is no TV, radio or computer in here, no eating, no desk, no workout equipment. I like to balance the few electronic devices I have in here with houseplants. I also believe in waking up naturally with the daylight, so I use curtains that filter out some light but not too much. I find I wake up much more energized this way.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- My bedroom's functions are pretty basic and this allows me to rest better. In keeping with the relaxing mode of the room, I do meditate and occasionally do some reading to prepare me for sleep.
See all entries