- Rochester, MN
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- That it's a place my husband and I both love. We didn't want a serene, vanilla bedroom, we wanted something dark and moody but a little wild and fun too. This room was on a tight budget so shopping Craigslist and repurposing was our goal!
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?:
- I keep the kids' toys out of our room, the laundry is not allowed to pile up in here, this is not a storage room, it is our bedroom, the only room in the house just for us. The TV is also not allowed in our room, we want it to be a place to relax, read and talk, TV can be noisy and distracting. We use pics of us as a couple and meaningful things to decorate. Keeping it clean and neat makes it a welcoming place to come to at night.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?:
- There is a desk in our bedroom which I use it for journaling, storing our mementos and books. Our bedroom is a retreat for us, a place without distractions to focus on each other, which is what I think every Master Bedroom should be, a place to escape the chaos and stress of the world.
More posts in My Bedroom Retreat
ATVideo of the Day