Location: Louisville, KY,
While I was pregnant we lived in a condo, and Angus' room was also the guest room, so I didn't want anything too baby-baby when I was decorating. We also didn't know the sex of the baby until he was born, so I was trying to stay neutral with color.
I chose to do grey on the walls, because I find it to be very calming and serene - actually my entire house is one shade of grey or another. From there I chose shades of yellow and a little lavender and ordered the fabric to make the curtains, which are the only really big pop of pattern in the room. I made the curtains myself to save on budget and found the dresser and lamp on Craigslist, which I then painted antique white. The crib, nursing chair and EXPEDIT shelving unit are all from IKEA.
When Angus was around nine months old we bought our own house and began renovating - his room was the only one finished before we moved in. We wanted his space to feel comforting and familiar with all of his things organized. I really do enjoy nursing him in there - it's a little oasis of calm in our otherwise half renovated mess!
In the future I plan to hang more artwork and family pictures in the nursery, as well as find a pendant lamp for the ceiling. The one thing I really love is the dresser/change table. We got so lucky - it is the perfect height for all of those diaper changes!
- Curtain fabric & rubber backing: Fabric.com
- Rug: Pottery Barn
- Crib, nursing chair and shelving: IKEA
- Dresser and Lamp: Craiglist
- Lamp shade: Target
- Paint color: "Grayish" from Sherwin Williams
- Trim: Benjamin Moore "White Dove"
- Rocking horse: Handmade in KY - a gift from my parents while they were here from Australia.
- Yellow Baby Quilt: Made by my very talented mum
• MY ROOM ARCHIVE
• SUBMIT A BABY OR KID'S SPACE
(Image credits: Alicia)