Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Barrington, RI
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- I love that our bedroom feels bright, and at the same time calm. Our home was built about 100 years ago as a summer beach house with old pine for floors and tongue and groove beamed ceilings. There is an open knothole by the door that has frequently been used by our daughter to drop notes through to the kitchen. I love the grapevine weâve collected and that the posts of our bed were made from trees we collected when a friendâs farm was clearing land.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- Fill your bedroom with things you love. Frame a print made by a friend. Hang a guitar on the wall. Buy that crazy lamp you love. Be flexible as life changes. Our workspace nook began as our walk-in closet, became a convenient and adorable crib space for our daughter Lily when she was little, and has now evolved into a much-loved creative hideaway in our bedroom.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- We have a small home, and need to make use of all our space. We love having workspaces in our bedroom, which gives the room a great studio feel, but it is also a place to relax, watch movies, read and snuggle with our daughter and catch up on the day.
See all entries
More posts in this series
My Bedroom Retreat