When I posted a sneak peek of Pottery Barn's new holiday line yesterday there were some yawning commenters who said, "Yeah, seen it before," and I have to admit that it really was a lot of the same-old-same-old. But I can't say that about Anthropologie's holiday catalog — it's definitely a departure into a creepy but cool bohemian rhapsody.It's the catalog stylist who's the real genius here. The photo shoot includes weird Alice in Wonderland style cardboard cutouts, a live turtle stacked with bracelets on its back, an angry fox perched on top of a plaid chair, and a general sense of weirdness that makes one ask, 'What holiday is this, anyway? '.
The products themselves are a little tamer — you'll find matryoshka ornaments and patchwork Merry Christmas garlands in the mix, but there are also feathered trees and decapitated reindeer... just in case your decorating theme this year is "A Very Creepy Christmas."
To see the full Anthropologie 2010 Holiday Collection, click here.
Anthropologie 2010 Holiday Decor
• Repurposed Reindeer, $68
• Downy Feather Mini Tree, $18
• Teeming Forest Tree Topper, $498
• Matryoshka Ornaments, $18
• Merry Christmas Garland, $128
• Wild Woodland Vases, $18 - $28
• Lunet Chair (Plaid), $1,698
• Enchanted Buck Measuring Cups, $48
MORE HOLIDAY SNEAK PEEKS 2010
• Silver & Gold at Pottery Barn
• IKEA Goes Red, White, & Blue
• West Elm Holiday Collection by David Stark