Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Los Angeles, CA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- The best thing about my small home is that it welcomes everyone that comes through its doors. Its natural light provides a warmth that can only be replicated with grandma's sugar cookies. The knick-knacks provide a sense of wonder and leads to wonderful conversations. A piece of stone could lead to a far distant memory and back to the food that sits on the table. It's a place for community to be build and for friendships to strengthen. Such a place requires many hiding gems and secret passages. My home is a reflection of how I am and how I want to present my self. What I love about my small home is how well it represents me and how it welcomes everyone.
- Biggest Challenge of Living in a Small Space
- The biggest challenge of living in a small space is storage. You need to utilize every square foot, and no area goes underutilized. My biggest challenge was being able to hold all the different bulk items in my kitchen. My solution was to create a wall of shelving that not only would hold my bulk items, but also honored them for the nutrients they provide. I built a wall of shelving to showcase all my bulk items along with objects that represent me.
- If I am the Grand Prize winner of Small Cool, the item(s) or project(s) from my home design wishlist that I'd like to spend my winnings on are:
- What would help my small cool space to be even more wonderful would be a new sofa bed. My current sofa bed does not provide the best sleeping situation for my guest. I would also use some of the prize money to create a welcoming environment outside my home. I would build an outside kitchen, build a native garden, and purchase a new patio table set. The prize money would be used to further create a welcoming, warm home and grow community.
See all entries
More posts in this series
Small Cool 2013