Gift giving is especially fun when you tailor the gift to something that the recipient would really love and appreciate. When it comes to techno-geeks or outdoorsy types, I'm at a loss for what to give friends and usually end up making them something — but when I'm giving a gift to a fellow crafty designer, I can't wait for them to unwrap it! See below for a few of my favorite crafty gifts for this holiday season.
Clockwise from top left:
1. My absolute favorite: create a paper village with this Putz House Ornament DIY Kit. So sweet and simple. From Holiday Spirits Decor, $10.
2. The perfect gift for your crafty friend on a diet! These felted treats won't pack on the pounds. Each kit makes two of each sweet sculpture. From Assemble Shop & Studio, $30.
3. For your favorite chef and homemade crafter — this Crewel Embroidery Chicken kit from can be a piece of art or an everyday tea towel! $34.95 from Williams-Sonoma.
4. We all know one person that's just obsessed with sloths. Perhaps you might know someone that would want to embroider one? Cuddly and sweet, plus you might just be able to make it into a tree ornament! $17.32 from Kiriki Press
5. For your favorite stamper/creator/maker: a special Crafting Studio stamp set from Assemble Shop & Studio, $26.
6. What's That Paint? All you interior designers (amateurs included) will love this stocking stuffer. Have a loved one that can never remember what color they painted that foyer accent wall? Grab a few of these and stick them right on the can. $4.99 for five 5-inch round labels from What's That Paint?