Apartment Therapy | How To Editor
Apartment Therapy is a daily design and lifestyle site with over 10 million monthly readers.
This full-time staff position will report to the Executive Editor and will concept, assign, write and edit high quality, engaging and useful service content primarily focused on home projects & shopping guides for the brand. This position will be based out of our NYC headquarters.
- Working with Editor and Managing Editor, develop and direct rich, helpful teaching and service content with a special focus on home projects (tutorials, how-to's, improvement projects, etc) and shopping (guides, reviews and more).
- Concept, package and write service content as well as assign, edit and coordinate engaging content from freelance and staff writers
- Refresh, repackage and optimize archival content as needed
- Deliver completed content on schedule for publication on our site and distribution on our social channels
- Contribute to editorial planning meetings with story and post pitches
- Work with Art Department to illustrate service content
- Collaborate with Video Team on service content videos
- Oversee special editorial programs and events
- Manage department budget
- Establish, reach and monitor traffic goals to increase traffic through high quality service content
- Minimum of 4+ years experience in digital media or publishing with a focus on home and design content a plus.
- Skilled in concepting, acquiring, and packaging service-focused content
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and a desire to continue to learn more
- Experience in web analytics: Google Analytics, Chartbeat, Parse.ly or similar
- Experience in managing staff and freelancers
- Experience in editing stories for accuracy, service, and voice
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, and adjust strategy and execution in face of new information
How to Apply:
- Submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: How To Editor-Apartment Therapy Application
- In your cover letter, please include links to at least three previously published clips and explain your experience in creative service-focused content