Much the same way having an idealized idea of what Sunday Morning ought to look like, we find ourselves often caught in the trap of what Summer ought to look like. Maybe it ought to be projects getting finished, or an exotic vacation or maybe just getting the air conditioner fixed so you can stop sweating. But for the good of summer and for the good of staying relaxed at home, we encourage everyone to indulge in the simple moments that make home, home:
Some of the moments that make home, home for us are:
• Noticing our animals stretching out in the sun, not a care in the world. Sometimes taking the time to join them on the floor.
• The way it's not too hot in the morning to open up the windows and see the park across the street. And then to sit and just look at it without doing stuff.
• The way it cools down enough in the evening to open those same windows back up and watch the sunset when we're home early enough from work to catch it.
• Clean Sheets.
• Seeing that the living room is a mess and sitting down and hanging out instead of staying busy and picking up.
• Watering the plants.
• Returning from a trip to find that for some reason, it just feels good to be home.
• Having friends over and making the biggest mess in the kitchen: so messy that if we were on our own we'd have a nervous breakdown, but with the fun of making the mess, it's all fine and great, even.
(Image from guldfisken on flickr)