Appliances are power tools for the kitchen. Appliances can nuke, broil, blend, pressurize, or chill - but not all look good while doing it. Stainless steel and glass are materials that endure, are easier on the environment than their plastic counterparts and let's face it, just look better.
I'm sure with the right blend of appliances - precision engineered, sleek digital controls and quality steel craftsmanship - just about anyone could be enticed into the kitchen. My preference is for wider than necessary form factors, clean straight lines and functional industrial style. Others however, might opt for vintage styled appliances which are more available now than even a few years back. Here are some picks that would have me in the kitchen 24/7.
- Sub-Zero BI-30UG Over-and-under with Glass Door Refrigerator
- Sharp Stainless Steel SuperSteam Oven ($993)
- Daewoo Stainless Steel Convention Microwave ($166)
- Dual fuel range, 30" Dacor Millennia ($3,800)
- Benvenuto Built-in Coffee Machine by Bosch ($2,299.00)
- Electrolux washer and dryers with Wave Touch Controls
- Dacor Millennia Microwave In-A-Drawer
- Rancilio Silvia LE 2010 Espresso Machine in "Animal Safe" leather ($1199)
- Big Chill Retro Ranges and Refrigerators
- Wolf Outdoor Grills, available from 30" to 42"
- Best Energy Star Refrigerators: 10 Models from High to Low
- 10 Great New Microwaves
- 10 Best Home Appliance Integrations
- SMEG's Retro Energy-Efficient Refrigerator