When two "Small Cool" entries that BOTH have vintage transit scrolls prominently displayed end up in a head-to-head battle you know something is up. Are we seeing the start of the 2010 version of the "Keep Calm" phenomenon?
It is in keeping with the whole "vintage industrial" look which we've been seeing more of lately - two prime examples: Michael and Anna's Loft and the shop BoBo.
We collected a few sources for these scrolls, both vintage and reproduction, including a soon to launch Etsy shop where you can get a completely customized scroll made:
Shown above, left to right:
1. Winter Works on Paper Posters - can be printed any size to order
2. Restoration Hardware Subway Sign Art
3. Vintage Subway Scrolls at City Owl Vintage
4. Launching soon: Transit Design, where you can create a completely customized scroll
5. The matchup that started it all!
So, what do you think? A blockbuster trend in the making or just a coincidence that we had a few in the contest? Let us know in the comments...