Here's an amusing infographic sharing the findings of a survey conducted in December for Cisco/Linksys, surveying the growing niche of geeks who find themselves grown up and wearing the new hat of "dad"...geek dad. Check out the full infographic below.
- Proud to be geeks: Nearly 70% of geek dads consider themselves to be cooler than other dads, with 75% of them attributing it to creating a home their kids' friends enjoy hanging out at.
- 70% of geek dads say their kids think they're cool because they're tech-savvy, and that makes 87% of geek dads proud or humored.
- Tech savviness still comes with some trade-offs: 35% of geek dads say their partners get annoyed when they spend time alone playing with technology, yet 92% say their partners expect them to be the ones to maintain the home tech.
- One in five geek dads admit to using technology in secret to avoid being discovered by their wives.
- Redefining quality time with the kids: 71% of geek dads spend more time doing activities with their kids than their fathers did with them. 72% are more excited about teaching kids how to use tech tools than traditional tools, like a hammer or power drill.
Infographic used by permission: Cisco
Click here or image above for full size.