A reader, Reagan, wrote in to share her own 365 photo project, Wee Elsie, and asked us to point her toward similar kid-focused 365 projects for inspiration. Here are a few we've seen:
• Lila Was Here by Andrea of Pink Sugar Photography (recommended by Reagan)
• Kristopher Chandroo's documentation of his daughter Madelaine's first year
• Angela Lumsden's 2011 365 Project (which became a weekly project in 2012)
• Linda Venuto's 365 Project
• Grethel Van Eps' 365 Project
Sure, many of these folks are professional photographs and use a 365 project to practice their craft and push their own boundaries, but don't fear if you are not the handiest with a camera. Consider the project a photo diary to document your children's lives - the good, the bad and the ugly. I bet your photography will improve over the course of the year even if that is not your primary intent and looking back at theses photos some day will prompt so many memories.
Grethel Van Eps, mentioned above, has some good tips for undertaking a 365 photo project with your kids that is worth a read.
Are you doing a 365 photo project this year or do you know about a great project to follow? Leave a link in the comments.
(Image: Reagan Day/Wee Elsie)