City: Bavaria, Germany
My Home: Three Bedroom Apartment, Third Floor, 400 years old!
I just moved to Amberg, Germany, and live downtown on the main street. The city is 975 years old, and surrounded by a double wall, complete with watch towers, etc. It's super cool! I do my shopping at a local open market in the city center, and of course it is both beautiful and sustainable.
Ariana's Guide to Amberg
1. Favorite Neighborhood Home Store
- GLAS NATTER: Georgenstr. 35
This gourmet cooking shop is next door to me.
2. Favorite Bookstore
- HUGENDUBEL: Marktplatz 3
Kind of like a Borders.
3. Favorite Coffee Shop, Café, or Restaurant
- BAVARIAN COFFEE ROASTERS / CAFE BAROCO: Viehmarkt 11
I can see it from my bedroom window! They have the best coffee I've tasted since I arrived in Germany.
4. Best Place to Pick Up Groceries
- MARKETPLATZ: City Center
In our market square!
5. Best Neighborhood Park
- There is one between the city walls.