Still recovering from a whirlwind trip to Miami for the art and design fairs, I wanted to share some highlights. I ran around to as many fairs as possible including the enormous Art Basel Miami Beach, Design Miami, Art Miami, Scope, Pulse, Art Asia, NADA, and Red Dot.
• 1 Michael Jackson was a popular subject this year. This painting by Kehinde Wiley was the largest of the Michael Jackson pieces we saw at Art Basel Miami Beach.
• 2 the outside of Design Miami — the relatively small design fair.
• 3Sylvestor Stalone, actor and painter, in front of his paintings at the Gmurzynska Gallery booth at Art Basel Miami Beach. The paintings were sold out before the fair opened to the public.
• 4 outdoor sculpture at Scope Miami.
• 5 the lounges at NADA (New Art Dealers Alliance) were sponsored by the Corcoran College of Art + Design. The limited edition limited edition modern sofa sectionals, side tables, and cocktail tables were designed by Marc Ross, Creative Director of Spectrum West Collection.
Did you make it to Miami for the art and design fairs? I was really impressed with Art Basel Miami Beach, NADA, and Pulse. Did you have any favorite artwork? Stay posted for more on the December 2009 Art and Design fairs in Miami.
Images: Rachael Grad