In honor of this weekend's sold-out Sasquatch! Music Festival at the gorgeous Gorge Amphitheater, just a couple of hours outside Seattle, here's a sampling of the 60+ band posters created by artists near and far for the famous four-day event.
Silk-screened concert posters don't cost much and make a bold graphic statement in any space. They're usually numbered, which means you're taking home a limited-edition piece of art, and they're a design-savvy way to celebrate your favorite band (or a killer concert) without causing flashbacks to the Tiger Beat tear-outs you tacked to your wall when you were 13 (or was that just me?).
My personal collection includes early Death Cab for Cutie and Shins posters that Sub Pop sent me when I was the editor of a music webzine, and an Arcade Fire poster that everyone in the band signed. My man has a strict rule: Posters must be from concerts he attended. I say if it's a great piece of art, go for it anyway and wish you'd been there.
• Iron & Wine by Killorn O'Neill
• The Decemberists by Hero Design
• Ratatat by Lia Cerizo
• Foo Fighters by Don Clark of Invisible Creature (Also check out Don's super-cool Sasquatch! figurine sets.)
• Gayngs by Clay Nowak
• Best Coast by John Foster
• Death from Above 1979 by Nat Damm
• Yeasayer by Frida Clements