There's so much beautiful art in the literature we share with our children, it's almost a shame to keep it between the covers of a book. That's why I've rounded up some beautiful children's book illustrations that you can buy as prints. While there is also original artwork from illustrators out there, I've focused on the more affordable prints. Some are limited edition, and others come in larger quantities, but all of them are beautiful to hang in a child's room.
1. Page 18 From 'How To Catch A Star', by Oliver Jeffers, $145.00. From How to Catch a Star by Oliver Jeffers.
2. The Beast, by Oliver Lake, $18.00. From Beauty and the Beast by Trixie Belle and Melissa Caruso-Scott.
3. Whale, by Pablo Amargo, $40. From El rio que se secaba los jueves by Victor Gonzales.
4. ‘Mr Fox lay very still...’, by Jill Bennett, $200. From Fantastic Mr Fox by Roald Dahl (1974).
5. One Winter Morning Peter Woke Up, by Ezra Jack Keats, Limited edition of 250, $350. From The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats.
6. Hurry Hurry Mary Dear, by Erik Blegvad, $50. From Hurry, Hurry Mary Dear by N.M. Bodecker.
7. Sweater For Mars, by Jon Klassen, $25. From Extra Yarn by Mac Barnett.
8. First Sight, by Shaun Tan, $195. From The Arrival by Shaun Tan.
9. Princess Princess - Sleeping, by Penny Dale, $120. From Princess, Princess by Penny Dale.
10. H is for Horizon, by Will Bullas, $83. From M is for Masterpiece by David Domeniconi.