The Washington Post today features art consultant Allison Marvin's advice on collecting and displaying art in the home. We've been inspired to add to her list of favorites and roundup great DC galleries, framers, and online resources. Do you have a favorite art source and framer?
Allison Marvin's DC gallery picks include Irvine Contemporary, Transformer Gallery, and Conner Contemporary. DC galleries and resources to add:
• Marsha Mateyka Gallery
• Nevin Kelly Gallery
• Torpedo Factory Art Center and other artist studios and schools with regular shows
• Artomatic - the yearly show for anyone and everyone
• the rotating gallery at The Artists Inn Residence
• mid-city artists host open studios twice a year
• Allison Marvin recommends Framesmith D.C., Bethesda Custom Framing, and Archival Art Services.
• We adore Frames by Rebecca in Silver Spring, Maryland.
More on DC Art Resources:
• On the Edge: A Guide to Washington's Art Galleries from The Washingtonian magazine
• The Art Consultant Is In: Advice on Decorating Walls from The Washington Post
• Art Resources from The Washington Post
• Art Workshops and Drop-In Classes in DC
(Images: Rachael Grad from Joff Brings L.A. Style to DC)