When I worked as the editor of a knitting magazine, I would commission projects by knitwear designers across the country. These women and men were passionate about their craft and would produce gorgeous, handmade pieces with a surprisingly short deadline. I was always especially drawn to the cabled and chunky knits for the home - there is a beautiful artistry in the craft of knitting.
Here is a display of knitted artworks I found lovely, as well as practical (and if you are a knitter instead of a shopper, hopefully these will hold some inspiration, too).
Clockwise from top left:
- House Cushion, Aldea Home ($110)
- Slumber Pouf designed by Aleksandra Gaca, Northern Icon (Large: $1060)
- Alpaca Chunky Knit Pillow, Wildflower Organics ($429)
- Cable Knit Lampshade, Etsy ($83)
- Cloud Pillow, Etsy ($55)
- Knitted Stool by artist Claire-Anne O'Brien (price not offered)
- Bubble Knit Poufs by West Elm ($249)
- Hand-Knitted Potholders, Ferm Living (18 euros)
(Images: as linked above)
(Image credits: Theresa Gonzalez)