Making art can mean making a huge mess so combining a home and art studio can be a challenge. Local DC artists have shared their homes and studios on Apartment Therapy DC. See how these artists keep studios in their homes.
• Michael keeps his attic studio separate from his home: Michael & David's Modern Classic & Michael Hampton: Designer & Artist
• Sondra's studio is on a separate floor of her house: Sondra and Ron's Dupont Dreamhome & Sondra Arkin Recycles and Repurposes in her Art Studio
• Nicole & Colin's Streamlined Salvage & Artist Spotlight and Studio Tour: Nicole Bourgea
• Laurel keeps the smallest room in the house for her art studio: Laurel & Conor's Silver Spring Family House
• Robert uses a corner of his living room for his photography work: Robert's Home and Photography Studio
(Images: 3. Leah Moss; 1-2, 4-5 Rachael Grad)