What do you need when you sit down to work? Your computer, a cup of coffee or tea? Paper, if you're the brainstorming type. Oh, and loads of inspiration. Why not cover your office wall with art, prints, maps, photos, diagrams, and anything else that gets your brain pumping?
A fashion designer might cover their wall in magazine pages. A graphic artist could plaster their walls in typographic prints. And an engineer might frame diagrams of mechanical machines. Whatever you do in your workspace, a gallery style wall is a great way to get inspired and add a bit of decorative flair to the home office.
- This bright and airy wall belonging to Dwelling Cents uses white frames and cheerful pops of yellow.
- Photos and prints really stand out against a black office wall, as showcased from the former apartment of Alaina Kaczmarski of Live Creating Yourself.
- Erika Brechtel of Small Shop Blog gave her office gallery wall a pink-and-orange motif in 2011...
- ...then revamped it for 2013 with feminine modern details like gold frames and pink lips.
- Who needs frames when you have tape? We love this grown-up dorm wall from Design Sponge.
- Mary Schannen of Melange Photography hung oversized photos of her family on printed canvas for a focal wall behind her desk.
- Apartment Therapy reader Phillip sent in a photo of his office wall covered in color-saturated prints from the Hipstamatic app, turning digital snapshots into real world decorative mementos.
(Images: As linked above)