- Los Angeles, CA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- It's cozy! My husband and I grew up primarily on the East coast, and really feel at home and "contained" when living on a smaller scale. I think I'd feel lost living in some of those big, cavernous houses that you find in parts of LA, and sort of like that our tiny place forces us to be "all up in each other's business."
- Biggest Challenge of Living in a Small Space:
- Our place only has one bedroom, but we like to have our family and friends stay with us when they're visiting, so we converted our formal dining room into a faux second bedroom. Finding ways to carve out enough private space for visitors to make themselves comfortable is tough, and is definitely a work in progress. And it's getting trickier now given that we're expecting our first munchkin in August! My husband is still trying to convince me that our place is too small to house both sets of parents, us, and the baby.
- If I am the Grand Prize winner of Small Cool, the item(s) or project(s) from my home design wishlist that I'd like to spend my winnings on are::
- Oh man. There are so many things still to tackle...
But probably we would finally try to make sense of our kitchen. The layout is super-weird and not very functional in its current state, and we'd really like to convert it to a much more functional galley kitchen.
More posts in Small Cool 2013
ATVideo of the Day