Name: Asher (4 months)
Location: Perth, Australia
There are several animal/bird prints and items throughout the room, however there is no fixed theme. I believe so long as I select items I really love, everything will work harmoniously together.
I used colours from beautiful Love Mae ‘Confetti’ Wallpaper as the colour palette and had a felt ball rug and garland custom made to match. I love the 50s aesthetic of the Ubabub Nifty Timber cot & (finally) found the perfect bookcase, bedside table & tallboy (which we use as a change table) which complement the cot's mid-century design and have the added bonus of (safe) rounded edges!
Particular things I love about the room:
- The colour and pattern of the Love Mae ‘Confetti’ Wallpaper. It makes me smile every time I enter the room.
- The Ralph Hobbs’ artworks (Flamingo, Masked Owl, Red Robin, Bluebird, Giraffe, & Elephant) from hardtofind. I love the impact created by grouping the bird artworks together and Asher loves to gaze at the black and white giraffe and elephant artworks during nappy changes.
- Having a gallery hanging system is fantastic; I can display artwork without drilling hooks into the beautiful wallpaper and I’m free to adjust the position of the artwork as desired.
- The mobile my Mum and I made; lovingly punching and sewing hundreds of circles together to complement the wallpaper whilst creating something visually stimulating.
- Bits & pieces we gathered during our Buenos Aires 'babymoon' – a Mini Cooper (our surname is Cooper), miniature Spanish children’s books from 1907 and a Wind in the Willows tin suitcase – all from the Feria de San Pedro Telmo vintage markets.
Items from downthatlittlelane.com.au:
- Heidi Ho The Elephant (Nana Huchy)
- 'Sleep Tips' Fitted Cot Sheet (Bed Toppings)
- Red Fairy Door (The Fairy Door Store)
- Felt Ball Rug & Garland (Native Craft)
Items from hardtofind.com.au:
- Ralph Hobbs’ artworks (Flamingo, Masked Owl, Red Robin, Bluebird, Giraffe, & Elephant)
- Phoebe Lamp A3 - Pink Polka dots
- Rocking Egg Chair (Incy Interiors)
- Ubabub Nifty Timber Cot
- Love Mae ‘Confetti’ Wallpaper
- Indiana Blanket (Uimi)
• MY ROOM ARCHIVE
• SUBMIT A BABY OR KID'S SPACE
(Image credits: Sharon Graham )