Project by: Peggy Lee & RJ Guillermo/NRG Design Studio
Location: Pasadena, California
"What are little boys rooms made of? - Neither snips nor snails nor puppy dogs tails in Asher's nursery located in the Old Town neighborhood of Pasadena, CA. Natalee asked us to design a nursery for her now almost 2-year-old son, that A) included key recycled furniture pieces, B) would be able to adjust to a growing baby's infant years through the age of 5, and C) would be able to be installed as easy as 1 - 2 - 3!
Some DIY projects from the room:
- Applied decals are a great design element when bringing a room together. The silhouette of a tree with foliage acts as a headboard for baby Asher's crib.
- A color theme should always bookmark a room - decor and accessories in blue-green, yellow and gray hues sprinkle the nursery from top to bottom.
- It always helps to personalize the furniture in a room by re-painting, refinishing, or mix/matching vintage with new!
- Carpet-tile is now the new black! It is the simplest and cheapest way to add character to a room.
- Organization is always key in any nursery. Toys, clothes, books, and baby "tools" are kept neatly in these Ikea cabinets with removable upholstered bins to keep a clean look.
Thanks, Peggy & RJ!
• Are you a designer/architect/decorator interested in sharing a residential project with Apartment Therapy readers? Contact the editors through our Professional Project Submission Form.