Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Ashley & Ryan
- San Francisco, CA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- Our possessions reflect the things and people we love: Ryan's granddad made our coffee table, his mom painted most of our artwork, and we have a great collection of family pictures and furniture from my grandparents' house. The first thing we ever bought together (a Dia de los Muertos diorama) is on the shelf in our bedroom. It reminds us that we created this space together. We are proud that we have taken advantage of the limited space we have, and have created a home that is comfortable and relaxing. We share compatible styles that kind of meld into "mad scientist." We like to show off our taxidermy bugs, comic books, vinyl records, and Star Wars things!
- Biggest Challenge of Living in a Small Space
- Our biggest challenge was learning how to share our twin bed and dresser! We've learned to appreciate the twin bed (cuddling) and evaluate what clothing we really need.
- If I am the Grand Prize winner of Small Cool, the item(s) or project(s) from my home design wishlist that I'd like to spend my winnings on are:
- We like our couch (and love that it is a pull-out for guests), but it just isn't that comfortable to lounge on. We'd like to find a new small sofa that can still accomodate sleepovers, but is more friendly to our posture. This summer we are both returning to school (for dentistry and dental hygiene). It would be great to create a more ergonomic study-space with the prize money.
See all entries