Recently, we spent about 20 minutes assembling a flat packed Real Good Chair from Blu Dot (though the documentation process probably doubled the time necessary for this task). Made of powder-coated steel, the seat of the chair is laser-cut and perforated for the consumer to bend into place. The end result is surprisingly comfortable and sturdy...
• 1 4 color options
• 2 Flat-packed and ready to assemble.
• 3 Ours is RED
• 4 The instructions are printed directly on the box.
• 5 Packaging is sturdy and lightweight
• 6 All the pieces unwrapped: seat, two legs, backrest...
• 7 and a little labeled sack...
• 8 of screws and hardware.
• 9 Start with the legs.
• 10 Cut from the packaging, this helps the assembler get all the angles just right.
• 11 Bending the sheet metal is not difficult, but would be easier with a buddy to help.
• 12 Attached the seat to the bent backrest.
• 13 I'm loving the high-gloss red!
• 14 Attaching the hardware to hold the legs in place.
• 15 Voila!
(Images: Aaron Able)