This is from our first DC finalist, Rachael. Comment away!
The cherry blossoms are about to bloom in DC: does this inspire you to
sneeze and duck for cover, or reenergize your home decor? One idea is to create a cherry blossom themed reading nook. Cherry blossom products are not just for the throngs of tourists flocking to DC and they're not necessarily in pink, white and green. Below are some decorating tips to bring the beauty of the tidal basin into your home...
Cherry Blossom Stencils for your walls. I especially love these at
Gorgeous Cherry Blossom pillow cases from Scandinavian Design.
Cherry Blossom and bird pillows in different colors at Etsy.
Japanese paper beautiful for framing and covering household items:
Items shown in photos:
- pink chair from Theodore's (www.theodores.com);
- black stool from Reincarnations Furnishings;
- fabric from Urban Outfitters - on sale;
- lamp from Ikea;
- Midori nesting gift boxes, good for storing and organizing (available at Romantic Flowers)
- books: Pink by Barbara Nemitz; The Cherry Blossom Festival: Sakura Celebration by Anne McLellan
- Rachael G.