With Sara Kate away on a trip, I am alone with Ursula. And it is late. Though I am loving every minute of her, I am finding it far easier to do major housekeeping than to try to sit down and do writing of any kind. So tonight, after her dinner, bath, bottle & bed, I decided to mop the floors throughout the entire small home, cook a dinner from the Babbo Cookbook (amazing - just egg yolks, cheese and noodles) and then sand and wax down the butcher block table. For me, working on the home is like an itch I can't resist scratching.
Therefore I am sending you this shotgun list of great home stuff, inspired by another email I subscribe to that only sends links. Thank god for brevity.
Enjoy and sleep well!
10 Just Really Great Best Little Things Around My Home
1. Dark & Light Sheepskins on the living room floor.
One from the Farmer's Market and one from IKEA.
2. Our MC2 All Clad pots and pans which I used tonight.
And which we always buy for a steal as seconds from CookWarenmore.com.
3. Ikea Stools I cut down to make low side tables.
4. Our huge Catskill butcher block we bought to hide the ugly counter.
And which we found cheaply at overstock.com.
5. Crate and Barrel simple white dishes (Aspen).
Saw these in a fancy house years ago and turned them over to see "Crate and Barrel"! Classic simple, modern shape. What more can I say?
6. Pottery Barn sheer linen curtains.
Use these all the time and have them altered by the tailor on the corner when necessary.
7. The Microplane.
I used this tonight to grate cheese. Indispensable in the kitchen.
8. Ben & Jerry's Peanut Butter Cup. Yum.
9. Alex Marshall white ceramic dishes.
Fell in love with her white ceramics in the 90's in Mill Valley. She still makes 'em.
10. Reidel Stemless glasses.
Didn't go for them at first, now they've become our all around house glasses for wine and water.