March 5, 2008
These little bits will complete your box and should not be underestimated.
- OOK Hooks - Someone told me that there was something shady about OOk, but I haven't found out what it is. All I know is that their hooks are the best I've used and really make the job easier. Always have a bunch of sizes on hand and hanging art is fun. www.ooks.com
- Painter's Tape - Around the house, I find that a roll of blue painter's tape is the most useful. This stuff is only slightly tacky, so it will hold things down and together but it won't strip paint off of your walls or tear into little bits. The popular brand here is 3M: www.dickblick.com
- Butcher's Twine - I love string. One of the simplest of items, it has endless uses in our home. I prefer white balls of butcher twine, but the one above is current fave: Red & White Butcher Cord from Eastern Germany and available at Kiosk. www.kioskkiosk.com
- Brass Cup Hooks - These are handy not just for hanging mugs upside down, but for discreetly hanging anything from anywhere. I use them for keys as well as hanging pendant lights from the ceiling. www.stanleyhardware.com
- Aluminum Push Pins - Not just for the office anymore, aluminum push pins slip easily into sheetrock and are therefore super useful all around the house. The aluminum is gentler on the hands and more durable. Use in place of a staple gun. www.dickblick.com
- Screws and plastic anchors - While most items you purchase will come with screws and anchors, some do NOT and it really sucks when you need a few of these things. There are many sizes, so just get yourself a small assortment from your local store.
With these sacred bits you are pretty much done! The only thing left are a few items to help you out whenever painting arises. See you tomorrow for the final installment.
TOP POSTS FROM YESTERDAY
>> SF House Call: Jill Pilotte of Small Stump (3152 views)
>> 7 Simple Upgrades for the Bathroom (3040 views)
>> The Golden Plungers: Best Bathrooms From Around the World (1237 views)
>> Best Small Toilets 2008: Toto, Duravit, Kohler (1152 views)