• What: AT Offline Design Meetup
• This Month: Urban Renovation 101: Problems and Solutions
• Members: 605
• RSVP's: 72 yes, 16 maybe
• When: 6:30-8:30pm, Thursday, May 1st
• Where: DWR SoHo, 142 Wooster St. (Prince/Houston)
Again, we'll start at 7pm sharp, so please be on time. We've got some great guests, including Jonathan Butler of Brownstoner, Asher Lipman of NYC Renovation Coach, Jenny & Clove (of house tour fame) and Jeffrey De Vito, who recently completed a gut renovation in Chelsea...
This month we're all about Urban Renovation 101: Problems and Solutions and we've got some great guests lined up from within and without our group...
• Jeffrey De Vito, a serial renovator, who recently renovated a small building in Chelsea (and previously in San Francisco). He will share his experience in green design/build of apts and small buildings (up to 6 units) in NYC. He will be doing the house tour.
• Asher Lipman, of NYCRenovationCoach advises, manages and consults clients on all aspects of their residential renovation in NYC and will share some of his best tips.
• Jonathan Butler, founder of the Brooklyn blog Brownstoner.com will discuss his own renovation of a 5-story brownstone.
• Jenny Rogers and Clove Galilee, artists and interior designers will share their experience of a very hands-on gut renovation of their own apartment in the Village.
1. Design Showcase (8 slides & 8 minutes each)
Each designer gets 8 minutes to present. We then blog you online and get you and your idea out into the world.
2. House Tour (16 sildes & 16 minutes)
This is a personal house tour (via slideshow) of a notable home by the designer him or herself. You don't need to be a pro.
3. Good Questions
4. Design Shout Outs (2 minutes each - from whoever is in the room)
5. Schmooze time
>> Sign in Here: And then put it in your calendar and come on down...
>> Presenters: email jill @ apartmenttherapy.com with MEETUP in subject line if you'd like to show in the next meetup. We'll get back to you right away.
THE ORIGINAL STORY
"On the 1st Thursday each month at 7PM, 6 people get 5 minutes each to demo something cool to New York's product and furniture design community" We have open space, so email us today and get on the schedule (all info here and below).
We've always felt that the web's greatest asset was in creating community and that it should mirrored offline as well. Inspired by Scott Heiferman's NY Tech Meetup, which we've been going to lately, we've started a NY Design Meetup for product and furniture designers, architects, entrepreneurs, students and hackers.
Our goal is to provide a unique, efficient and entertaining forum for designers to get their ideas out to an interested crowd who can offer networking possibilities, exposure and good old applause.
Where else can people cheer you on for your design?
In addition, we'll be blogging each of our presenters each month, providing them with additional exposure on AT. If you're interested in coming or showing, come to this link, and sign in. Admission is free.