We're contemplating a possible move,and have started sizing up neighborhoods around the city where we could see ourselves living. There are certain criteria we need in a neighborhood, but we're curious if you have anything to add...
Right now our list includes:
• Close to a grocery store (corner markets don't count) We don't have a car and aren't interested in shlepping our food on the bus.
• Relatively safe We like to go on walks at night and aren't interested in carrying mace.
• Relatively affordable We're not going to kid ourselves given the average cost of rent in this town, but nothing obscene, please.
• Close to public transportation / easily accessible to work Just makes things easier.
Hmm, so pretty much it's mainly about location and ease of movement. What's your list of criteria? Any deal breakers?
• Neighborhoods: An AT:SF Poll
• Housing Musts and Maybes
• AT on... Apartment Hunting
• AT on... Moving to Oakland