Last week AT readers gave over $2000 in 6 days to fund our classroom projects, and the following projects are now FULLY FUNDED:
Thank you to everyone who has given so far. Your contributions are making a tremendous difference. And now, with 11 days left in our Donors Choose Blogger Challenge, we want to keep the momentum going and provide seven new activity tables to Mrs. R's classroom in Tennessee. Click below to read about the challenges in Mrs. R's classroom...
The condition of Mrs. R's classroom is shameful (holes in the walls and mismatched furniture that is mismatched, broken, and VERY old). When she requested new or gently used furniture to better accommodate cooperative group work, all she got were a bunch of (more) old tables that do not match.
She needs $856 for seven round activity tables , and we're putting all our efforts to fund her project by Monday, October 27th! If AT readers give just $5 each , we know that we can outfit Mrs. R's classroom!
This week we're focusing on funding Mrs. R's activity tables, but here are the other projects we're supporting:
Basic Supplies: a classroom in Georgia needs basic school supplies such as pencils, paper, crayons, and a pencil sharpener. FUNDED!
- Kitchen Center:
Mrs. P's kids in New York City need a kitchen center and play pots and pans. FUNDED!
20 Desks: Students in Louisiana need 20 desks to have their own space while having the ability to complete group projects. FUNDED!
- Activity Tables ($856 needed): Mrs. R's classroom in Tennessee needs seven round activity tables conducive to cooperative learning. Our goal is to fund this by Monday, October 27th!
- Kid-sized couch and Easel ($726 needed): Kindergartners in Tennessee need a kid sized couch for their listening center, a big book magnetic book holder, and a large magnetic write and wipe easel.
- Projector ($953 needed): Mr. C's middle-schoolers need a projector so they can view art historical powerpoint presentations, instructional and tie-in videos, and present their own multimedia projects to the rest of the class and the school at large.
- Composition Notebooks ($125 needed): First-graders in Northern California need new composition notebooks for daily writing.
- Paint Supplies ($969 needed): Students in Chicago need mural paint, paint brushes, and 20 sets of paint markers.
And here's how Apartment Therapy is doing on all their sponsored projects:
AT Donors: 98
AT Donor Donations: $2,555
Students Impacted: 62
Top image via Helenotway.edublogs