Just in time for those of you traveling to Austin for the Austin City Limits Music Festival next month, we'll be bringing you some Green Escapes in and around the city. Austin is home to plenty of sustainable stops--it's just part of the culture here. We'll bring you the shortlist of green hotels, shops, and eateries for your trip.
First stop: Habitat Suites in Central Austin.
Habitat Suites sits smack-dab in the middle of Austin and oozes eco-friendliness.
According to their website, the list begins with:
• Grounds maintained with the use of natural, nontoxic fertilizers and pesticides
• Nontoxic, phosphate-free, natural cleansers used in cleaning
• Air ozonators/ionizers used for clean air quality in suites
• Biodegradable, recycled, unbleached paper products/recycling program
• Ladybugs populate our grounds, fostering healthy plants, the natural, chemical-free way
Managing partners Eduardo Longoria and John McCready began with the simple idea to transform the hotel into one that was easier on the air, and that was more than 10 years ago. Now, each decision the management makes is based upon sustainable practices. Everything, right down to the fire extinguishers, has been taken into consideration.
Plus, our favorite part: the grounds are covered in beautiful, EDIBLE gardens!
Stay tuned later this week for more of Austin's green stops.
Photos courtesy of HabitatSuites.Com